November 3, 2010

Fantasy Basketball Player of the Day: 11/3



Every day that there are games, FSC is going to pick the player that was the most wowing in fantasy world. But before I tell you last night's MVP let's look at the runners-up:


Apparently Dwight Howard and the Magic heard what I said yesterday about the Lakers, Heat and Celtics being the only teams able to win the championship. While I still stand by that, Orlando sure looked impressive today.


3rd Place: Chris Paul, Hornets
CP3 reasserted his fantasy greatness tonight, contributing in every category. 25 points (on 7-12 from the field and 10-12 FT shooting), 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 4 steals, a block and a three make for one hell of a performance. If there was any doubt that CP3 was healthy and rearing to contribute, he obliterated them tonight.


2nd Place: Dwight Howard, Magic
With Dwight on your team, your FT% is shot, but look at everything else he brings to the table. In his fury against what I said on 11/2, Superman racked up 18 boards, 16 rebounds, 8 blocks, 1 steal, and an assist. Those are out of this world. Oh and he did it in 23 minutes. If he had played a full game I think the world would have exploded on one of his dunks.


1st Place: Kobe Bryant, Lakers
I don't know if I have some sort of weird obsession with triple-doubles, but if there is such a thing I am an addict. I'll admit I have a problem. But Kobe's line was otherworldly tonight, almost reaching the triple double mark in the 3rd corner. He ended up getting there, and made sure that it wasn't of the 10/10/10 variety. Kobe used his 3 threes and 9 of 10 night from the line to compile 30 points, dished out 12 assists and pulled down 10 boards. Talk about a night fitting for a king. Get it? Because that's who they played. Well, its late as you can tell from that joke. Enjoy the award Kobe, I'm sure you have an open spot somewhere in the back corner of your trophy cabinet.