August 22, 2010

2010 PPR Positional Rankings: TE

This is the last installment for my 2010 Rankings. Defenses and Kickers are so fickle there's really no point in putting a number in front of them. Just take an educated guess with them and cross your fingers that they break out.

Other Rankings: QB RB WR Top 50 51-200


In the meantime, lets take a look at the best pass catchers at the tight end position.

  1. Dallas Clark, Colts- He had an incredible 100+ catch season in 2009. He might not repeat that, but he will definitely be a top TE.
  2. Antonio Gates, Chargers- With the absence of VJax, look for the former Kent State basketball stud to be the main focus of Philip Rivers.
  3. Vernon Davis, 49ers- He and Alex Smith showed they can make a great fantasy QB-TE tandem.
  4. Jason Witten, Cowboys- Are there enough passes to go around between Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, the aging Roy Williams and Witten?
  5. Tony Gonzalez, Falcons- If you think Tony is over the hill, you need to get your eyes checked. He revolutionized the position and has managed to dominate ever since.
  6. Jermichael Finley, Packers- My favorite pickup of last year, he is impossible to cover in the end zone.
  7. Brent Celek, Eagles- His stats in the two starts of Kevin Kolb last year: 16 catches, 208 yards and a score. I don't think he can keep that up over 16 games, but its a good omen, that's for sure.
  8. Kellen Winslow, Buccaneers- I went to the same high school as him, and let me tell you this, he might be the most athletic person I've ever seen.
  9. Owen Daniels, Texans- I was a victim of his injury last year as I watched what looked like a 100+ catch tight end turn into waiver fodder. If he pulls a Wes Welker he will be a huge value.
  10. Chris Cooley, Redskins- Everyone says he is the funniest guy in the NFL. Let's hope he turns a few of those laughs into TDs.
  11. Heath Miller, Steelers- Not many people like Heath, but he was a quality PPR TE last year. What else are you looking for if you've waited this long to snatch one up.
  12. Zach Miller, Raiders- JaMarcus' departure makes Zach's stock shoot through the roof.
  13. John Carlson, Seahawks- Struggling offenses will turn to their TEs often. Seattle will definitely be a struggler.
  14. Brandon Pettigrew, Lions- A physical beast. I think he can be the David Price of football as people forget about him in drafts after a disappointing 2009.
  15. Jermaine Gresham, Bengals- I really don't like recommending a rookie tight end, but who knows maybe he will blow everyone away.
That's all for my rankings folks. I really hope you all enjoyed them. I'd love to hear what the fantasy community has to say. So leave a comment, and tell me whether or not you think I've severely over/underestimated someone.