March 8, 2010

My First Team of the Year

I just did my draft for the small money league I am in. It is a 10 teamer (7th pick) with regular roto rules. The round that I picked each player in is in the parenthesis. Let me know what you guys think!

C: Miguel Montero (16)
1B: Adrian Gonzalez (4)
2B: Brandon Phillips (5)
3B: David Wright (2)
SS: Alexei Ramirez (12)
MI: Elvis Andrus (13)
CI: Gordon Beckham (11)
OF1: Ryan Braun (1)
OF2: Grady Sizemore (3)
OF3: Carlos Quentin (10)
OF4: Denard Span (15)
OF5: Nolan Reimold (21)
Util: David Ortiz (24)
Bench: Rickie Weeks (25), Kyle Blanks (27)

P1: Cliff Lee (6)
P2: Javier Vazquez (7)
P3: Ubaldo Jimenez (8)
P4: Joe Nathan (9)
P5: Jair Jurrjens (14)
P6: David Price (17)
P7: Kevin Slowey (18)
P8: Clay Buchholz (19)
P9: Stephen Strasburg (20)

Bench: Jason Frasor (22), Dice-K (23), Kevin Gregg (26), Brandon League (28)

Pitching went fast, so I had to reach to secure some of the better pitchers. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good draft. As long as guys like Wright and Quentin bounce back my hitting should pan out. I'm going to need one of the Blue Jays closers to pan out, and maybe stumble upon some other save outlet as well. But that's enough from me. How do you guys think this team will pan out?